Zoom link for all live classes
and Q&A sessions:
Week 6 – Chemicals in the Kitchen
CLAIM YOUR WINS!
- Record My Wins worksheet
(there will be a new worksheet each week)
What fresh produce must you buy organic? Which are okay to buy conventional? Check the Dirty Dozen and Clean 15 lists:
Water filters that actually take out the hormone disrupting chemicals:
- Reverse osmosis (RO) systems get everything out, including beneficial minerals, so be sure to replace the minerals in your water if you choose this type of system. Also be aware that RO systems produce about 3 gallons of wastewater for every gallon of clean water made.
- Under-counter systems are easy to find in places like Costco or Home Depot.
- Countertop RO units are hard to find. Here is one I have used in the past and it served me well:
- Mighty Mite RO System $114.95
- Cartridge-type systems that filter out fluoride are rare items, too. Here are two great ones at different price points:
- Clearly Filtered 3-Stage Under-the-Sink Filter System (easy installation and good for apartments!) $500
- Crystal Quest Fluoride Removal SMART Single-Cartridge Countertop Water Filter System $99.00/$139.00
I used the Crystal Quest one for years as well. Another good budget choice.
- All the Clearly Filtered products are a good buy. Check their site for shower filters, and my favorite personal filtered water bottle.
Recommended Reading for Overachievers 🙂
- The Environmental Working Group (EWG)
Know your environment. Protect your health.
Home of many handy references, like the Dirty Dozen, Clean 15, EWG’s National Tap Water Database and EWG’s Updated Water Filter Buying Guide